This is some really beautiful, strong, sad writing with a cameo from my first book, Hymn California. You should read this (the post, not the book). It feels very alive and comes packed with mood and is most definitely worth your time…
My favorite book went out of print the…
Malcolm X (via amorestavivo)
This changed me.
Remains of the Berlin Wall
This is an excerpt from my zine The Do-It-Yourself Guide to Fighting the Big Motherfuckin’ Sad. You can that at Microcosm Distribution here.
I GOT SOME FRIENDS WHO
1) have seen the world because they goddamn wanted to; because their will was that strong.
2) are living their dream because it was theirs to begin with and they see no other way.
3) use words like “purpose” and “exciting” and “adventure” when speaking about their lives. Not “work commute” or “bored to death by my girlfriend” or “because I have to.”
4) do exactly what they say they’re going to do.
I GOT SOME FRIENDS WHO, PART 2
1) stopped reading once they got an iPhone. (When you’re on your deathbed one thing you’ll regret more than anything will be the collected months of time you wasted sitting around pecking at your phome keys.)
2) hate the place they live but refuse to go elsewhere.
3) see their TV screen more than they see the sky.
4) use the words “I’m bored” more than “We should.”
5) gave up.
6) are rotting.
7) forgot the dreams they had when their hearts still beat like wild machines.